If you’ve ever used Airbnb, you know that writing a review is an important part of the process. Reviews help other people decide whether or not to use Airbnb. We will provide you with a template for writing great Airbnb reviews. We’ll also give some tips on how to make your reviews as helpful as possible for both the hosts and the readers.
Why You Should Review Your Airbnb Guests
When it comes to writing reviews for guests, it’s important to remember that your review can make or break a guest’s experience on Airbnb. Not only will a bad review likely discourage future guests from staying with you, but it could also lead to negative feedback and affect your listing’s search ranking.
That said, writing a review can be a stressful experience – after all, you don’t want to come across as nitpicky or ungrateful. But by following a few simple tips, you can make the process a breeze while still sounding authentic.
How to Write an Airbnb Review
Airbnb will prompt you to write a review of your experience with the guests once their checkout is complete. You have 14 days to submit the review but you can edit it later.
Your review will be posted once the guest submits their review or the 14 days are up. If a reservation has more than one confirmed guest, your review is meant for the guest who made the reservation. However, the review will appear on the profiles of all other confirmed guests.
You can rate your guests 1 to 5 stars on criteria such as cleanliness, the accuracy of a listing, communication, and value. Feedback can also be given privately if you do not want to leave a public rating.
The Importance of Reviews
When you take the initiative to write a review for your guests, they are further prompted by Airbnb, making them far more likely to leave a review for your listing. Guests will also appreciate the gesture and be encouraged to review you in turn. By writing good reviews, you not only improve your SEO ranking, but also help other Airbnb hosts by providing feedback that can help them improve their services.
Tips for Hosts on Writing Reviews
It stresses the importance of being objective when writing a review. It is essential, to be honest, and fair when critiquing someone else’s work, whether it is a product or service. By waiting until after the guest leaves, the reviewer can assess the situation without bias. This allows for a more accurate depiction of what transpired.
The reviewer must provide a very factual and professional review.
The review must be helpful for other potential hosts as it provides information on what to expect from the property and what are its pros and cons. It would be great if the review could also mention some things that the host did especially well, to give a more complete picture.
When you’re a business, it’s important to always reply to reviews, especially if they’re negative. If someone has taken the time to write something about your company online, even if it’s not positive, you should always respond. This shows that you’re listening and that you care about your customers. It can also help to resolve any issues the customer may have had.
One way to make writing reviews simpler is to have templates ready to go. This way, you can just copy and paste the same response for different types of reviews. This will help make sure your response is customized for each review, and that you’re not just copying and pasting the same thing over and over again.
Great templates for writing guest reviews
The templates are a great way to start a review, but make sure to add your thoughts and experiences to them. It’s important, to be honest in your reviews, whether you had a good or bad experience.
Positive Guest Reviews Template
- It was a pleasure hosting you. You were so thoughtful about everything. You made our jobs easy. We’d love to host you again!
- Five stars for the 5-star guest. Respectful, clean, organized, and quiet, we couldn’t ask for anything more. Thank You!
- Excellent guest. Very considerate of our belongings and property. The home was just as clean when they left as when they checked in. Come back anytime!
- You were very communicative. Straightforward, polite, and responded without delay. It was so easy to schedule checking-in and out times. It was great having you!
- A nice guest. Left the place neat and respected our space and privacy during the stay. I’d recommend them to any other host.
Negative Guest Reviews Template
- The guest arrived 3 hours after the check-in time and then complained about there not being anyone to check them in at the time.
- Didn’t follow the house rules. The dishes were left out on the dining table rather than in the dishwasher. The towels were left on the bathroom floor.
- We are very clear about our no smoking policy with even signs displayed prominently in the apartment. The guests chose not to follow this, leaving bad smells and cigarette butts.
- The party included two more people than specified and then complained because we had not made bedding arrangements for the extra guests. We were inconvenienced and didn’t get paid for the additional guests.
- Not recommended! We almost lost our vacation rental permit because of all the chaos they caused in the neighborhood. They parked illegally on the street, made too much noise, and left all the lights on when they left.
Personalized Reviews Increase Repeat Guests
Personable reviews are key to building relationships with your guests and getting repeat business. By including the guest’s first name in the review, you make it more personal and increase the chances that they’ll want to come back and stay with you again. The review templates provided here make it easy to do this automatically, so there’s no excuse not to!
- [Guest First Name] was a great guest. Communicative during the booking process and left the place clean and in great shape. Would not hesitate to have [Guest First Name] back again anytime.
- [Guest First Name] was fantastic. Quiet, considerate, and left the place clean and in good condition. We recommend them to any hosts.
- [Guest First Name] was great to host! Respectful, quiet, clean, and organized. We have nothing but good things to say. [Guest First Name], we’d love to have you stay with us any time in the future.
- [Guest First Name] was awesome! Very communicative and respected the house rules. We’d love to have [Guest First Name] come back, but we also recommend it to any host.
- Nothing negative to say about [Guest First Name]. Easy to host, left the place clean, and respected the house rules. Come back anytime [Guest First Name]!
The goal of writing an Airbnb review is to be helpful, so potential guests know what they’re getting into. By following the tips in this post, and using the provided templates, you should be able to write a great review that’s both informative and entertaining. And who knows – maybe your next guest will be a celebrity!