One of the most sought out platforms in the hospitality – Airbnb – has now seen more than 400 million visitors book accommodation on the network.
Being an Airbnb host is not only about having a place to sleep – you have to take full account of your experience. When hosts contend with more than 6 million listings, it’s more necessary than ever to stand out from the crowd.
So, what’s the right way to do that? Provide all of the basics
That Airbnb can and must deliver. Ensuring that your Airbnb is filled with a full set of services for each guest would make a fantastic all-around experience and help discourage your place’s lousy feedback.
Essential services are the fundamental elements a visitor needs to have a pleasant stay.
What are considered Basic Airbnb Amenities?
- Toilette paper
- Soap (for both hands and body)
- One towel for each guest
- One pillow for each guest
- Linens for each bed of the guest
The prescribed quantity of each item depends on the number of visitors and the duration of their stay. If you have extras with each amenity with more extended visits, this means the visitors have all they need.
You will determine whether you want to make a bed for each guest or keep the linens neatly arranged. During the booking process, we invite hosts to connect with your guests to get their interests.
We firmly urge hosts to supply all their listings with essential amenities.
What Are the Trends In Airbnb Amenities
From Wi-Fi and cleaning products, here’s what the visitors are most interested in finding out.
Our booking data shows that travel is starting to bounce back. And in a recent Airbnb survey *, the guests tell us what they wanted in their upcoming stays — including the kind of facilities they’re most involved in.
We decided to share some of these ideas with you when you build up your room to welcome visitors again.
What Do Guests Really Prefer The Most
An escape away from home.
Guests are less likely to fly for work, weddings, and other social activities, so they can spend more time in your space — and want home warmth.
Guests are telling us that the top facilities they like at the moment are Wi-Fi, air conditioning, bathroom, and parking. If you already provide these facilities, here’s what you can do to make sure they’re as friendly as possible:
- Wi-Fi: Make sure it works, and all the visitors know how to log in. Try adding a laminated, easy-to-clean sign in your room with useful directions.
- Air conditioning: We know that air conditioning is not as standard in certain countries. If you do, let the guests know where to find the controls and how to use them — a laminated sign with directions can be helpful here, too. If you have yet invested in an air conditioning unit, try providing a cooling system for hot summer months.
- Kitchen: Guests may want to cook their meals during their entire trip or could be following a strict meal plan. Therefore, being a host include cookwares, dishwares, and cooking utensils on your property. It is also a great idea to mention these items in your listing description. There are guests who are particular with kitchen tools, too.
- Parking Area: Most guests are particular with parking spaces, so if you have a parking spot, be sure to provide instructions before they arrive. Don’t forget to include it in your list of facilities, too. If you’re hosting in a city where parking is in high demand or in a rural or suburban town, you’ll want to know if you’re offering parking as an amenity.
With the pandemic waving anywhere presently, social distancing is still highly recommended in most areas, which may be why most guests want to stay in place with activities to do outside.
So if your area offers excellent hiking trails and other outdoor activities, be sure to let guests know about them in your amenity listing or your guidebook.
Another way to help them enjoy some fresh air is by sprucing up your property’s outdoor area.
While most places follow social distancing seriously, many guests opt to stay in locations with a lot of outdoor activities to choose from. If your region offers excellent hiking trails and other outdoor activities, make sure to let your visitors know either in your guidebook or in your home manual.
Another way to let them enjoy the fresh air? Spruce up the outside areas of your room. If there is a backyard, consider giving it a refresh.
See to it that your property landscape is neat and well-designed, where you can also incorporate (or update) the following features:
- Terrace furniture
- Grill for barbecue
- Outdoor cups and pans
- Sports and other recreational activities
- Cleaning of materials
- Hot tub or Jacuzzi
Only because people are excited to fly doesn’t mean they’re not worried about their well-being. And no matter how good you clean up the room, many visitors would love the opportunity to clean up some high-touch areas themselves. Consider stocking on the following:
- Removable paper towels
- Removable gloves
- Cleaner multi-surface
- Disinfectant wipes or sprays
- Hand sanitizer antibacterial
- Extra hand soap
We also note specific trends in the styles of travelers. Think about your room and who it’s ideally suited for, then add the necessary facilities.
FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
Some unlikely solo travelers will book your property. Most of the guests polled said they would go out with others, and all are relatives. You will help parents of young children feel more relaxed in your space — and make loading the car a lot simpler for them! — by storing some of the items they like the most. It could include some or most of the following:
- Baby bath
- Baby monitor
- Changing table
- Kids’ books and toys
- Plastic dinnerware
- High chair
- Stair gates
- Fireplace guards
- Childproof electrical outlet covers
- Table corner guards
- Window guards
- Game console
- Babysitter recommendations
You’re just expected to make sure you have enough essentials to get around. Things like this:
- Soap Soap
- Toilette paper
- Extra bed sheets and towels
- Children’s parents
As so many visitors travel to their destinations, many may choose to carry their four-legged family members along with them. We recognize that it might be uncomfortable — or even impossible — for some hosts to provide pet-friendly rooms. But if you can, it’s a perfect time to make a move.
Bear in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything or nothing. If you do not wish to allow pets in your house rules, you may state in your listing summary that you would welcome pets on a case-by-case basis, then send a letter to the guests individually to decide the specifics.
REMOTE WORKERS AND FREELANCERS
People doing their jobs online continues to rise, and many may prefer to work whilst on the road. You will help them remain active by providing the following facilities:
- Fast Wi-Fi: Visitors have higher quick internet standards now that so many of them are operating remotely. If you can, try upgrading to higher speeds.
- A laptop-friendly workspace: It means a desk or table near a power source, with a convenient chair (even better if it’s ergonomic!). Would you want to go the extra mile? Attach a cup of new pens, a stapler, and a stack of sticky notes. If you have a printer or a copy machine, please ensure that it is outlined in your listing description.
- Coffee maker and tea kettle: these visitors would enjoy a little help with their busy days.
Please note always to edit your listings in detail when specifying amenities.
Having just a couple of these features will go a long way to making visitors feel more relaxed in your space — and might even result in a great review. Don’t forget to show the improvements you’ve made by upgrading your amenities, listing descriptions, and pictures.
Facilities for your Airbnb that go the extra mile and that your visitors would enjoy.
Ever wondered if the facilities can have your visitors pounding their hearts, going the extra mile to get you a significant response? We’ve been trawling through guest responses, comments, scores, and chatting to a decent bunch of them to get the rundown for you, so you can see if you can win the hearts of your guests more frequently.
You’re going to note a theme running through the list. Name it hospitality or be hospitable. The intention is to provide pleasure to your guests, maybe a little bit of spoiling. It’s about offering your visitors the warmth of home, or whether you’re aiming at a higher level, more heat than they have at home. It’s about making life simpler for the customers, letting them take a load off their shoulders, supplying them with services that take care of themselves and do their job, so they don’t have to think about it.
This section will give you the next step at the other amenities to delight and impress guests and consistently win Airbnb host rave reviews and 5-star ratings.
AMENITIES FOR DISABLED GUESTS
Progressively, we are seeing more and more vacation and holiday rentals ideal for wheelchair users and guests with other accessibility problems. When you have a few or most of the listed items below, make sure that your visitors consider your property as a vacation destination:
- Disabled travelers
- Broad corridor clearance for easy wheelchair access (at least 36 inches wide on the ground floor)
- Step-free entry to your house
- The elevator is at least 32 inches high
- Wet-room bathroom layout
- Roll-in tub and chair
- Bathtub with a chair for shower
- Hand-held head of the shower
- Grab the rails in the bathroom (even though they are removable)
- Accessible-toilet of height
- Accessible-High Bed
- Depth of clearance to bed
- Well-lit driveway to the entrance
- Broad door (at least 32 inches)
- Flat smooth road to the front door (with little to no hill for quick access)
- Disabled or wide parking spot
It’s a no-brainer that providing a convenient kitchen area is one of the top amenities guests look for in a BNB. Having a coffee machine/coffee maker is expected, as well as cups and other condiments. However, since the second B in the BNB means breakfast, the following items will make your guest feel that you’re a host that thinks outside of the box.
Let’s check out the list:
- Dishwasher tablets
- Kitchen airtight containers
- Cling wrap, baking paper, Alfoil, etc.
- Sandwich press
- Baking tools and mixing bowls
- Ice cube tray
- Hand blender
- Smoothie maker or juicer
- Surprise food provisions like a bottle of champagne or wine with a cheese platter, fruits, dip and crackers, yogurt, and cereals.
It’s getting a bit easier to go the extra mile with the facilities that visitors enjoy. Although you could keep it to a minimum and focus on your visitors to use their phones or iPads to download content using their own mobile data plans, it’s simple and not that pricey to give them a great deal of experience that they’ll enjoy.
- Smart TV With Streaming
- Bluetooth speaker
- Games, Books, Magazines
- Beach Towels, Toys, Bikes, Canoes, etc., if your property has activities where such amenities are needed as if the unit is near the beach, river, or lake.
BATHROOM AND LAUNDRY:
Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, body wash, hand wash, body lotion, hairdryer, bath towels, toothbrush, toothpaste, and bathrobes are the usual amenities provide by most Airbnb hosts. But providing the following is a quick way to your guests’ hearts is providing amenities they love in the bathroom and laundry.
- Lint Roller – this will make your guests go nuts over this incredible amenity and the impression that you do know exactly what your guest needs without them requesting one.
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Laundry Detergent
- Sewing Kit
Whether flying individually or in a group, peace of mind is an essential aspect of a holiday. Making sure the visitors feel safe and comfortable when the facilities include:
- Fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detector
- First aid kit
- Window safety locks
These Airbnb amenities that go the extra mile and that your guests will surely appreciate and love. A good mixture of pampering, luxury, providing choice, and making it easy for your guests, which in turn, make them happy, delighted, super comforted, and less stressed. It gives rise to love and adoration for not just your BNB, but the time they have spent and for the experiences they have had while staying there. Only always include in your amenity description the brilliant features that your property has.